II ICTP-SAIFR Latin American Strategy Forum for Research Infrastructure: an Open Symposium for HECAP
This open symposium is a follow-up to a first workshop held at ICTP-SAIFR on April 30 – May 1 2019 which brought together people from the High Energy, Cosmology and Astroparticle Physics (HECAP) community and delegates from the Research Councils of Latin American countries when an action plan was devised to develop the strategy and roadmap for research infrastructures in Latin America.
A page for the initiative was created (lasf4ri.org) and a call for white papers from efforts going on in the region was issued. Around 40 contributions were submitted and this Symposium is mostly based on them.
The goal of the Symposium is to work towards establishing a regional consensus on the scientific objectives for each of the main topics of the submission tracks and to analyze the relevance of the proposed projects to the fulfillment of these objectives.
The Open Symposium will consist of plenary sessions and invited talks with ample time for discussion. The sessions will be organised and convened by members of the Preparatory Group:
1. Accelerators and Detectors: A. Sanchez, L de Paula, H. Aihara
2. Astroparticles: M. Subieta, F. Sanchez, J.C. D’Olivo
3. Instrumentation and Computing: H. Wahlberg, R. Camacho
4. Electroweak Physics (including Higgs Physics, CP violation, Flavor Physics): E. Carrera, M. Cambiaso, M. Mulders
5. Neutrino Physics: A. Aranda, J. Molina, H. Yepes
6. Strong Interactions: G. Herrera, A. Gago,
7. Beyond the Standard Model: R. Rosenfeld, A. Zerwekh
8. Dark Matter: M. Carena, D. Restrepo
9. Cosmology : Thiago S. Goncalves, D. Lopez, M. Soares, L. Boubeker
There will be some limited funding to support invited talks, and in any case we will make possible remote participation.
- Xavier Bertou (Centro Atómico Bariloche, Argentina)
- Marcela Carena (Fermilab & University of Chicago, USA)
- Marta Losada (NYU at Abu Dhabi, United Emirates)
- Fernando Quevedo (DAMPT – University of Cambridge, UK)
- Rogerio Rosenfeld (IFT-UNESP/ICTP-SAIFR, Brazil)