U.S.-Brazil Young Physicists Forum
for Early Career Physicists
Saturday, March 12 - Sunday, March 13, 2016
This event will take place at the APS March Meeting 2016 in Baltimore, Maryland.
Deadline: November 20, 2015
Interested participants must apply to attend. Accepted applicants will be notified via email and will receive additional registration information at that time.
SBF - FAPESP - APS
Who Will Attend?
Early career physicists from the United States and Brazil who are in permanent staff or post-doc positions (physicists who have completed their Ph.D. no more than 10 years ago)
The U.S.-Brazil Young Physicists Forum is specifically dedicated to early career physicists who are working in the United States and Brazil in the scientific disciplines of the APS March Meeting, and is especially focused on helping attendees build international and interdisciplinary networks. YPF will combine scientific sessions with career development and networking opportunities to provide participants with:
- ·Networking, scientific presentations, and social events with leading Brazilian and American physicists working in academia and industry
- ·Career development sessions on publishing in peer reviewed journals
- ·Panel discussions on university-industry cooperation
- ·Scientific parallel sessions and poster sessions with international peers
- ·Opportunities for building international and interdisciplinary collaborations
- ·Name and contact information
- ·Physics subdiscipline
- ·Abstract of proposed presentation
- ·Curriculum Vitae
Deadline: January 08, 2016
Early career scientists who develop research at institutions in Brazil and the United States and who are interested in attending this event should submit an online application online at one of the links below. Applicants are required to provide the following information:
Space is limited, so apply early! The cap on attendees is 40 (20 from each country). Physicists from Brazil without any experience in the United States are especially encouraged to apply. Applicants will be informed of decisions by mid-December.
Selection Committee for Brazil applicants
The applications from the Brazil side will be reviewed by a committee appointed by the Brazilian Physics Society, composed by:
Professor Marcelo Knobel (IFGW, UNICAMP)
Professor Cleber Renato Mendonça (IFSC, USP)
Professor Armando Paduan (IF, USP)
Professora Belita Koiller (IF, UFRJ/SBF)